via United Way of Greater Los Angeles Facebook share of the above image:
We can end chronic and veteran homelessness by quickly moving people into housing and give them the necessary services to stay there. This is a shot of United Way Partner, Skid Row Housing Trust’s newest development, the New Carver Apartments. This facility was designed by award winning architect Michael Maltzan, and is one of many developments helping us to provide permanent supportive housing for Los Angeles County’s homeless.
The United Way of Greater Los Angeles is doing awesome work housing the homeless & ending chronic & veterans homelessness!
We should look at their model & figure out how Savannah can engage our community this way too! So, United Way of the Coastal Empire & Savannah Area Chamber of Commerce, when can we start talking about our approach to ending chronic homelessness that partners with the faith community, the banks, the realtors & others to bring our version of Housing First (similar to 100,000 Homes Campaign approach [as seen in 100 Homes Jacksonville for example & Home For Good in LA])!
- Here’s some great info on Housing First in New Orleans (from a conference & article): Housing First model of addressing homelessness is discussed | NOLA.com (homelessnessinsavannah.wordpress.com)
- Savannah needs to consider: Alternatives to Criminalization | Issue | United States Interagency Council on Homelessness USICH (homelessnessinsavannah.wordpress.com)
- Another faith group weighs in: How to curb chronic homelessness? First, a home! – CSMonitor.com (homelessnessinsavannah.wordpress.com)
- How to end chronic homelessness with stories, images & video: Haunting Portraits of the Homeless by Lee Jeffries | Colossal (homelessnessinsavannah.wordpress.com)
- Is this a valid pilot project for the Housing Fund in Savannah? We think YES & want to engage now on this! (homelessnessinsavannah.wordpress.com)
- An issue for Savannah to discuss too?: Boulder: Heaven for the homeless, or a town that’s short on services? – Boulder Daily Camera (homelessnessinsavannah.wordpress.com)
- Why not here in Savannah we MUST ask?: New Project Aims to Provide Permanent Housing for Homeless – Scoop San Diego: Local News: homelessness, socioeconomics, social issues, homelessness in the united states, (homelessnessinsavannah.wordpress.com)
- Why Everybody is Obsessed with Housing First: A Primer (homelessnessinsavannah.wordpress.com)
- Homeless Entrepreneurs find a way to move out of their homelessness, start business in a shelter!: Rosenblum: A new business grows in an unlikely place | StarTribune.com (homelessnessinsavannah.wordpress.com)
- How to allocate inventory in a Housing First Model, some thoughts: Who’s more vulnerable? Index guides housing plan (homelessnessinsavannah.wordpress.com)
- A discussion on the Faith Community doing more to end homelessness & support the poor: Faith Leaders Blast House GOP Budget As ‘Immoral Disaster’ That ‘Robs The Poor’ | ThinkProgress (homelessnessinsavannah.wordpress.com)