Everything that goes on in the Center serves to further our mission, which is threefold:
- Break the cycle of homelessness.
- Bring together disparate groups so that each can discover the worth, dignity and potential of the other.
- Pioneer a service model worthy of replication.This mission unites all members of the Center community in a common endeavor.
Because of the depth and severity of the condition of homelessness, no less than a focused and concerted effort can bring lasting change into the lives of our guests.
Here’s a very worthwhile Mission Statement – AND call to action.
Let’s see if with a little study of their best practices we can emulate their model here in Savannah, maybe innovate on it & pioneer some other aspects of a model program that will differentiate Savannah – make a Savannah mission & model for ending homelessness that others will want to adopt & adapt to meet their needs.
After all, ending homelessness will take some innovation, creativity & a will to succeed & make a difference!
That’s our challenge & reality here for our advocacy initiative.
Stay tuned for news about partnerships & sponsors who we are “recruiting” to share our passion for making a difference.
- How To Live Homeless In Style: 50 Ways to Survive On Plastic Bottles In These Economic Times (prweb.com)
- Veterans and Homelessness (socyberty.com)
- There Are Hundreds of Thousands of Homeless LGBT Youth and Zero Federal Programs for Them (homelessness.change.org)
- San Diego Will Help the Homeless, Whether They Like it or Not (homelessness.change.org)
- Pinellas County, Florida Has Figured it Out. Why Can’t Others? (homelessness.change.org)
- Newark, NJ Joins the Movement to End Homelessness (homelessness.change.org)
- ‘Unseen Tours’ Give Jobs To London’s Homeless (huffingtonpost.com)