Anybody want to setup a Homelessness “Booth” @ Picnic in the Park (Forsyth) Savannah,GA 10-3-10?
Our goal here is to establish a beachhead for our World Homelessness Day (WHD on 10-10-10) event @ the Sentient Bean.
We have some ideas on the format for the marketing & what statements we can make about this advocacy at such an event as the Annual Picnic in the Park in Forsyth Park.
Please let us know by contacting us using our contact information on the right side of this page or comment here with your ideas & willingness to collaborate on such an effort.
Through this activity, a peaceful statement of inclusiveness, we hope to get exposure thru the media & word-of-mouth that the efforts we are undertaking the following Sunday, 10-10-10, at the Sentient Bean, previewing a movie on a topic sure to garner interest in the inter-faith community as well as all who have a desire to show the love expressed in our religions towards ending homelessness in Savannah & beyond.
Doing research for this post we located another “Picnic in the Park” by a Religious Organization in Frederick, MD. Take a look at their Facebook page talking about their experience ministering & reaching out thru this activity.
Also, witness the other activities that take place in Forsyth Park on a weekly basis by a group of churches represented by this website, People Helping People in Savannah.
So, Forsyth Park is used to serve the homeless several times a year – Old Savannah City Mission does their Thanksgiving feeding there every year too!
This effort we want to undertake in relation to Picnic in the Park on 10-3-10 is based on the need to market an event & make a statement to the people who attend a social event in the downtown area of Savannah, where a lot of the homeless population in Savannah lives out their existence.
Giving these people attending the Savannah a realization that their help is needed to make the lives of homeless people better & work towards the goal of ending homelessness in a loving way is what we are about.
- Atheists Helping the Homeless (#16) (friendlyatheist.com)
- “Homeless Meters” to Combat Panhandling (patspapers.com)
- Spare Some Change? New Ways of Raising Money for the Homeless (homelessness.change.org)
- Living With Less: Picnic Table Turns Into Shelter (treehugger.com)
- Mark Horvath: Interview With Neil Donovan From The National Coalition For The Homeless (huffingtonpost.com)
- Count On It: Quantifying Homelessness in America (homelessness.change.org)
- We will be seen, we are visible (osocio.org)
- MY TURN | Examining How Homeless Camps Can Help (kitsapsun.com)
- Mayor says San Francisco cut homeless by 12,000 (sfgate.com)
- Surrey homeless fight starts at the top (globaltvbc.com)