How are other cities wrestling with this issue of housing for the homeless?
Is Austin’s approach a good one?
Can Savannah do anything like this?
Are we finding any developers like those in Austin who came forward to do the work to rehab properties in Savannah?
Seems like the developer there was from out of Austin (not local) – wouldn’t it be great if a local developer felt the calling to help the homeless in their own back yard?
- “No Wrong Door for Help”:Union Mission starting new counseling program for Savannah’s homeless | savannahnow.com (homelessnessinsavannah.wordpress.com)
- Is this you? Time for an attitude adjustment? Who cares about the homeless? I just want to read the funny pages. (homelessnessinsavannah.wordpress.com)
- Does Savannah need a Task Force?: Columbus Local News: Region & News: Dialogue regarding homeless must involve businesses (homelessnessinsavannah.wordpress.com)
- An Open Letter to the Citizens of Savannah, GA regarding Homelessness in Savannah (homelessnessinsavannah.wordpress.com)
- Let’s show folks what it’s like to be homeless – this project tries to do that: The Waiverly Projects (homelessnessinsavannah.wordpress.com)