Had a wonderful experience today doing a Chat on the We Are Visible Facebook Page! The link to the conversation is up above so take a look! It’s an ongoing conversation too, so go read it & chime in!
I was invited by the folks who run We Are Visible & my mentor who started the organization wasn’t able to make it this time! He’s a busy guy but he is there when you need him!
See below a trailer to a movie that should engage you & inspire you to get involved in ending chronic homelessness in Savannah, GA or wherever you live!
More later, but if you really want to connect with the homeless, nearly homeless & their supporters through the We Are Visible site & organization please do.
Mark also runs InvisiblePeople.TV & does yearly tours of the country meeting the homeless where they are! You really need to watch some of those videos he collects & the stories he captures are phenomenal! They let you connect with the people who experience homelessness a whole lot worse than some! Mark is on Twitter too – follow & conversate with him there!
It’s rough out there & getting rougher with the mood in Congress & with out deficit & debt issues! Budgets are suffering & guess what?
Our approach of engaging the community in ending chronic homelessness with the faith community, business & others is what Congress is driving us closer to! I said it once & I’m saying it over & over these days: “It’s NOT just the job of the Government, social services agencies or the non-profits who have already done so much, it is the job of ALL of us as we are called to serve our maker!”.
Just in case you have time to watch the trailer of a movie to get inspired about ending homelessness, watch it here:
- Candidate Position Statements on Homelessness, Savannah GA 2011 Races – Campaign Contact Info (homelessnessinsavannah.wordpress.com)
- @home: Make Mark Visible (osocio.org)
- Savannah’s Answer to World Homeless Day 10/10/11 (homelessnessinsavannah.wordpress.com)
- The All Political Campaigns in Savannah, GA: Connecting on Promoting Innovation, Creativity & Change to End Homelessness in Savannah, GA (homelessnessinsavannah.wordpress.com)
- The Union Mission Annual Report 2010 – Our Story & Others – Jobs thru ETC + Expanding the scope of the Advocacy (homelessnessinsavannah.wordpress.com)
- Call to all Savannah Medical Schools & Health Care Educational Programs: We need MORE – > Street Medicine: Making House Calls to People Without Homes | haRdLy NOrMal (homelessnessinsavannah.wordpress.com)
- Tour to end homelessness in St. John’s (cbc.ca)
- VIDEO: Roncesvalles mourns homeless blogger and ‘icon’ (thestar.com)
- New generations in Europe tipping into homelessness | Reuters (talesfromthelou.wordpress.com)