Watch the video over on our companion blog or click the above link after reading this perspective please!
Watch the video here as the message is one of realities we face every day serving the homeless & watching the population grow.
The demographics have been changing since 2008 or 2009 but we are finally seeing the mainstream media recognizing it & service organizations (faith based ones at that) being sought out to talk about it now!
Congress, wake up & smell the roses. We as communities are taking care of our people but we still need you to do what it takes to make the basic solutions & some new ones more readily available!
We take care of the “Hand up” & showing people the path out of their homelessness & making their stay there as supportive & loving as possible, but what you do, Congress, can be looked at as a way for the country to “Love thy Neighbor, Love the Homeless” too!
- Social media courage: Cambridge homeless man chronicles his life on Twitter – Cambridge – Your Town – Boston.com (homelessnessinsavannah.wordpress.com)
- More on relationships with the homeless: How To Not Be Taken Advantage of By Panhandlers – Love Wins Ministries (homelessnessinsavannah.wordpress.com)
- Connect with the issues here: Sophie Johnson: Homeless Kids (homelessnessinsavannah.wordpress.com)
- Follow-ups in Savannah on: ’60 Minutes’ story on homeless children in Florida spurs $1 million in donations | Poynter. (homelessnessinsavannah.wordpress.com)
- Now we’re talking!!! : Bipartisan Policy Center Appoints Commission Members for New Effort to Improve U.S. Housing Policy | Bipartisan Policy Center (homelessnessinsavannah.wordpress.com)
- 70,000 Children Will Wake up Homeless on Christmas Day (ibtimes.com)