We are likewise promoting this approach to ending chronic homelessness as we call it within our City Council & with our newly elected Mayor, Edna Jackson for Mayor of Savannah – but it’s a global movement we think!
Progress is being made now – we are actually talking with the main-line poverty reduction centric focus on affordable housing & trying to make the case that the Housing Fund can also address chronic homelessness & partner with & adopt the approaches there of the 100K Campaigns like many communities have already done! 100 Homes Jacksonville is the closest physical location to Savannah that is doing a project & they just housed their first person recently!
However, we are starting here & progressing to the whole homelessness issue for others we see every day! It is just on our heart to address the chronic, oft-forgotten & neglected & mis-accused homeless population! We also look for the models at the higher end of the spectrum like LA’s Home For Good program that links the LA Chamber &United Way of Greater Los Angeles to accomplish GREAT things with the largest population ever of street homeless.
We additionally look for Atlanta’s efforts led by their United Way of Metropolitan Atlanta with associated partners!
- The All Political Campaigns in Savannah, GA: Connecting on Promoting Innovation, Creativity & Change to End Homelessness in Savannah, GA (homelessnessinsavannah.wordpress.com)
- Follow-up & More on Supporting “Housing First” Models to End Chronic Homelessness in Savannah, GA: Question for All Political Campaigns in Savannah, GA, 2011 Elections (homelessnessinsavannah.wordpress.com)
- Housing Models for Savannah’s Homeless: 2010 Update on Family & Kids Homeless Stats in USA, Did FL or GA Change rankings? (homelessnessinsavannah.wordpress.com)
- Homelessness in Savannah, a Learning Experience: Housing First (homelessnessinsavannah.wordpress.com)
- Savannah’s Answer to World Homeless Day 10/10/11 (homelessnessinsavannah.wordpress.com)
- We appreciate the coverage, but…: Homeless organizations receive $3.5 million annual award | savannahnow.com (homelessnessinsavannah.wordpress.com)
- Thanks CBS News for the follow-up & update: More homeless kids now living in cars – CBS News (homelessnessinsavannah.wordpress.com)
- Follow-ups in Savannah on: ’60 Minutes’ story on homeless children in Florida spurs $1 million in donations | Poynter. (homelessnessinsavannah.wordpress.com)
- Savannah program too? | Homelessness in Richmond: Group looks to get those most at need off the streets – wtvr (homelessnessinsavannah.wordpress.com)