After poking around on the “Made in Savannah” website I thought this particular post on the blog needed to be shared – it’s a question we as a City need to grapple with as we craft solutions to the things that need working on, like ending chronic homelessness!
We think not, so read this post & see what you think about “doing just enough” as applied to social good!
It’s also sometimes called “common good” but that stirs up debates about free enterprise & capitalism that we believe just don’t need to come into the conversation of homelessness. If everyone has the same opportunity then maybe! Just a side note from the Advocate perspective!
- Is this coming to Savannah? Clearing tent cities: Deadline nearing for homeless to relocate – Hawaii News Now – KGMB and KHNL (homelessnessinsavannah.wordpress.com)
- More collaboration needed Mrs Mayor: Seized shirts, sheets will help Savannah’s needy | savannahnow.com (homelessnessinsavannah.wordpress.com)
- Follow-ups in Savannah on: ’60 Minutes’ story on homeless children in Florida spurs $1 million in donations | Poynter. (homelessnessinsavannah.wordpress.com)
- Is Savannah’s focus on ending chronic homelessness changing too?: City changes it’s homelessness strategy, and no one notices ” The Dreamer Propulsion Project (homelessnessinsavannah.wordpress.com)
- Is this the map for homeless services in Savannah? Who knows the answer & how do we get the best map we can? (homelessnessinsavannah.wordpress.com)
- Savannah program too? | Homelessness in Richmond: Group looks to get those most at need off the streets – wtvr (homelessnessinsavannah.wordpress.com)
- Once again, We appreciate the coverage but… : Savannah families face homelessness | savannahnow.com (homelessnessinsavannah.wordpress.com)
- How to raise funds for a Housing First Model in Savannah you ask?: Fraser Communications “Doing Well by Doing Good” – – – – – – A WSJ Business Center Film – YouTube (homelessnessinsavannah.wordpress.com)