This series (from Fairfax, VA) seems worth following!
We need to understand the shelter system & match our (Savannah’s) approaches to those of others & do a gap analysis!
More is coming with models we’ve found that take the shelter concept & put it on steroids for ENDING homelessness!
Stay tuned to our pages, blogs & social media channels as we evolve & share the concept of the future with a real strategy to ending homelessness as we know it today!
- Former shelter resident, entrepreneur now advocates for homeless | savannahnow.com (homelessnessinsavannah.wordpress.com)
- Is Housing First a better answer for addictions?: Should Homeless Shelters Allow Alcohol? – The Dish | By Andrew Sullivan – The Daily Beast (homelessnessinsavannah.wordpress.com)
- The homeless demographic exposed: Local Organization Plans to Feed 6,000 People For Holidays | The Coastal Source (homelessnessinsavannah.wordpress.com)
- How to allocate inventory in a Housing First Model, some thoughts: Who’s more vulnerable? Index guides housing plan (homelessnessinsavannah.wordpress.com)
- Have you played the game of being homeless yet? ABCNews did this story: The Conversation: Homeless Simulation Game Forces Players to Confront Tough Choices – ABC News (homelessnessinsavannah.wordpress.com)
- Great find for our Homelessness Revealed Board: “Finding Grace: The Face of America’s Homeless” (homelessnessinsavannah.wordpress.com)