They didn’t get the message from the faith community last time! Do we think it’ll be different this time? What do they expect from the faith community, to roll over or to do more ourselves?
This post on Facebook received some comments from a Pastor!
You need to be friends on Facebook to comment there – so comment here if you like!
Here’s what he said:
There’s another dynamic at play here! How can the faith community come to realize that they can play a role in “Disrupting Homelessness”! They CAN get engaged productively with a change of attitude or recognition that they can play a role in disrupting this thing called homelessness rather than just feed the hungry, minister to the poor & pray for them!
We have found (through following the Downtown Congregations to End Homelessness on Facebook) a book that we should all read as a book club exercise (like an Oprah moment!) & with the congregations in our own communities, take action to develop the right ways to accomplish their own disruptive efforts!
Take a look at this book on Amazon, “Disrupting Homelessness: Alternative Christian Approaches (Prisms)“.
We look forward to dialog & discussion here & in your communities – Savannah, we’re coming at you!
- Is this a street model for engaging the street homeless & helping to end their struggles?: Fighting homelessness in Atlantic City a constant battle for cop, social worker – pressofAtlanticCity.com: Atlantic County News (homelessnessinsavannah.wordpress.com)
- Tell your legislators: Protect programs for the vulnerable in the budget negotiations by Faith Action Network (socialactions.net)
- More on relationships with the homeless: How To Not Be Taken Advantage of By Panhandlers – Love Wins Ministries (homelessnessinsavannah.wordpress.com)
- House GOP charges ahead on tightfisted budget plan (news.yahoo.com)
- House GOP unveils budget blueprint – BusinessWeek (businessweek.com)
- House GOP Budget Plan To Be Released (huffingtonpost.com)
- House GOP unveils budget blueprint (news.yahoo.com)
- House GOP to unveil budget blueprint (seattletimes.nwsource.com)