We will update this page as our plans & mission are developed in more detail.
We have a vision, we just need to put it in writing for you.
We are looking at the 100,000 Homes Campaign initiative as it seems to have the best set of plans for actually making this thing happen.
If someone wants to offer a better plan then we’re here to support any effort that solves the problem the way Savannah wants to solve it!
We are working toward “social entrepreneurial” efforts in a L3C focus to get various options off the ground to produce more housing inventory & have specific plans being unveiled as they are developed here!
Stay tuned for developments during the month of March, 2012!
We will also share the L3C model in more detail! It’s geared towards “low-profit” entities that are taking on investments that are delivering “social good” that may be product or service oriented.
This blog was setup today (8-6-10) in response to a need to deliver a particular message about a particular event that triggered this approach. We have been around the issues of homelessness for a while now & just got to the point of writing about some of our experiences.
We’re not currently a non-profit although we’ve thought about it some – from people we’ve met around the world through this blog we’re seeing a lot of activity on advocacy as well as providing services, we just focus on Savannah, GA but we look for opportunities to collaborate in this digital world with anyone who can help us all get to the point together where we have ended homelessness as we know it today!
- Have you played the game of being homeless yet? ABCNews did this story: The Conversation: Homeless Simulation Game Forces Players to Confront Tough Choices – ABC News (homelessnessinsavannah.wordpress.com)
- Is this a valid pilot project for the Housing Fund in Savannah? We think YES & want to engage now on this! (homelessnessinsavannah.wordpress.com)
- A question for social good too! Made in Savannah | Why does Savannah seem to thrive on “good enough” instead of pushing for greatness? (homelessnessinsavannah.wordpress.com)
- When is Savannah’s “major victory” like this coming?: In Santa Clara County, a new funding model for counties ending homelessness | 100,000 Homes (homelessnessinsavannah.wordpress.com)
- Homelessness Revealed – our collection of thought provoking images launched on Pinterest (homelessnessinsavannah.wordpress.com)
- Why Everybody is Obsessed with Housing First: A Primer (homelessnessinsavannah.wordpress.com)
- Follow-up & More on Supporting “Housing First” Models to End Chronic Homelessness in Savannah, GA: Question for All Political Campaigns in Savannah, GA, 2011 Elections (homelessnessinsavannah.wordpress.com)
- Why not here in Savannah we MUST ask?: New Project Aims to Provide Permanent Housing for Homeless – Scoop San Diego: Local News: homelessness, socioeconomics, social issues, homelessness in the united states, (homelessnessinsavannah.wordpress.com)
- The homeless demographic exposed: Local Organization Plans to Feed 6,000 People For Holidays | The Coastal Source (homelessnessinsavannah.wordpress.com)
- How to allocate inventory in a Housing First Model, some thoughts: Who’s more vulnerable? Index guides housing plan (homelessnessinsavannah.wordpress.com)
- Now is the time for community engagement: Homeless Authority ousts its director | savannahnow.com (homelessnessinsavannah.wordpress.com)
- Announcement: A series on homeless living in a shelter, please follow: Faces of Homelessness: A Night at the Shelter – Burke, VA Patch (homelessnessinsavannah.wordpress.com)
- What does or should Savannah’s version of Home for Good LA look like? (homelessnessinsavannah.wordpress.com)
- Here’s some great info on Housing First in New Orleans (from a conference & article): Housing First model of addressing homelessness is discussed | NOLA.com (homelessnessinsavannah.wordpress.com)
- A discussion on the Faith Community doing more to end homelessness & support the poor: Faith Leaders Blast House GOP Budget As ‘Immoral Disaster’ That ‘Robs The Poor’ | ThinkProgress (homelessnessinsavannah.wordpress.com)
- Savannah needs to consider: Alternatives to Criminalization | Issue | United States Interagency Council on Homelessness USICH (homelessnessinsavannah.wordpress.com)
- Old structures CAN be re-purposed to end chronic homelessness!: Rosanne Haggerty, pioneer in supportive housing, moves into social innovation. – Courant.com (homelessnessinsavannah.wordpress.com)
- An issue for Savannah to discuss too?: Boulder: Heaven for the homeless, or a town that’s short on services? – Boulder Daily Camera (homelessnessinsavannah.wordpress.com)
- Homeless Entrepreneurs find a way to move out of their homelessness, start business in a shelter!: Rosenblum: A new business grows in an unlikely place | StarTribune.com (homelessnessinsavannah.wordpress.com)